Sonos, How to play iTunes
This is a 'How to' information guide on how to play your iTunes music through your Sonos.
What you will need
- iTunes installed on your PC or Mac already with music on.
- Sonos Play:3, Play:5, Connect or Connect Amp
- Sonos Bridge
- Sonos Controller (Controller or Application)
There are a few ways you can do this and we will cover all the options.
Sonos Software from PC or Mac
One way you can stream you iTunes library through your Sonos system is with the Sonos Software called the 'Sonos Desktop Controller', this is downloadable from the Sonos Website.
- Download the Sonos Software 'Sonos Desktop Controller'
- Open the downloaded software
- Click on 'Playlists' here you will see any playllists that you have had in your music library when you installed the sonos.
How to import a new iTunes Playlist?
- Open iTunes
- Right click the playlist you want to add to sonos and click 'Export Song List'
- Save it as a .xml file type
- Save the file in the same directory that you specified with sonos to be your music library
- Go to your 'Sonos Desktop Controller', click on' music', then 'Update Music Index'
Stream with your iPhone or iPad
If you have completed the steps above then when you go to use your sonos controller on your app on your iPhone, iPad or Controller the iTunes playlists should already be imported and ready for you to stream
//any problems with setting up your sonos system with your iTunes just send us an email to email@example.com